Associate Professor of Science Education
Baylor University – Waco, TX
Current Academic Responsibilities
I have been at Baylor University since 2009 as a science education faculty member in the department of Curriculum and Instruction.
My teaching responsibilities include undergraduate elementary science methods courses and graduate courses in science education and elementary education. My graduate program involvement also includes chairing and serving on doctoral student committees.
- Awardee, Global Missions Grant, Equipping Teachers for Science Education in Northern Uganda, 2016
- Co-Chair, SW ASTE Conference, 2017
- Awardee, NSF Grant, Educational Materials and Infrastructure for Teaching Concepts in Rational Molecular Design, 2014-2016
- Co-Developer/Presenter, STEM for Young Learners, PD for Elementary Educators, 2016
- Recipient, Quest for Quality Exemplary Faculty Practice Award, 2014
- Invited member, STEM Collaborative for Teacher Professional Development, 2012-2014
Service to SSMA and professional organizations
- SSMA Affiliate Representative to AAAS, 2014-present
- Member, Board of Directors (Membership Committee Chair), 2011-2014
- Program Co-Chair, 112th Annual Convention in San Antonio, 2013
- Member, Policy Committee, 2008-2011
- SSMJ Reviewer, 2011-present
Vision for SSMA
My vision for SSMA is to promote and advance its mission by continuing current organization activities and seeking additional, innovative means of building the association – an inclusive association that actively seeks, encourages, and endorses the ideas of all individuals who are passionate about mathematics and science education and their integration. I would be honored to assist in advancing this mission and vision through service as President-Elect.